Today the NHL released the full schedule for all 32 teams for the upcoming 2021-22 NHL season. That means we now know the date, opponent, and venue for all 82 games of the Seattle Kraken’s inaugural regular season.
Here’s the full Seattle Kraken 2021-22 schedule:
A few interesting notes about the Kraken’s schedule this season:
- The Kraken will open the season on a five-game road trip before returning to Seattle for their first ever home game October 23rd vs. the Vancouver Canucks.
- The Kraken’s second home game will be October 26th against the Montréal Canadiens. It will be a rematch 102 years, 6 months, and 27 days in the making. The Canadiens last played the Seattle Metropolitans on March 29th, 1919 in the Stanley Cup Final.
- Seattle’s longest homestand this season is six games. There will be two six-game homestands: November 11th-24th (ANA-MIN-CHI-COL-WSH-CAR) and January 15th-25th (LAK-CHI-SJS-STL-FLA-NSH).
- The Kraken’s longest road trip is five games. There will be two five-game road trips: The opening road trip of the season (VGK-NSH-CBJ-PHI-NJD) and March 5th-12th (WAS-CAR-TOR-OTT-MTL).
- The last Pacific Division team to play their first game against the Kraken will be the Los Angeles Kings, who won’t face Seattle until January 15th, 2022.
- Due to the way the schedule math works out, each team plays one less game against a pair of division opponents. The Kraken will only play three games against the Ducks and Oilers this season, while playing four against each of their other division opponents.
- Seattle will have 12 back-to-backs this season. Eight road-road, two home-home, one home-road, and one-road-home.
- The Kraken will have a busy end to their first season. They’re scheduled to play 12 games in the final 23 days of the regular season.
- Seattle will have nine games in October, 13 in November, 14 in December, 16 in January, three in February (due to the potential Olympic break), 13 in March, and 14 in April.
- The Kraken will have a lot of weekend games, with most being played on Saturday (9). Wednesday and Thursday are the two most common weekdays for games with eight each.